The Saturday & Sunday of the Queen’s Birthday long weekend saw the 3rd annual OK Dinghy Rum Bucket Regatta held as part of the Wangi Winter Regatta at Wangi Sailing Club.
Saturday the 9th June was fine & sunny with 2-5 knots of breeze from the south/south east. A small fleet of 8 OK’S competed including 14 year old laser sailor Mat Wilson from South Lakes sailing Col Lynch’s boat.
· R1 started after some delays waiting for breeze, Mark Skelton 1st Tim Davies 2nd & Glen Yates 3rd
· R2 again Mark Skelton 1st with Peter Robinson 2nd & Tim Davies 3rd
· R3 Glen Yates going from 2nd to 4th on the finish line. Mark Skelton 1st with Peter Robinson 2nd & Ed O’Donnell 3rd
At the end of day one Mark Skelton 1st Peter Robinson 2nd & Tim Davies 3rd.
Day2 Sunday 10th June was cool & overcast with the breeze coming from the south/south west at 2-8 knots.
· R4 was again dominated by Mark Skelton 1st Tim Davies 2nd &Peter Robinson 3rd
· R5 Bob Fennell led most of the race but was beaten on the line by Tim Davies 1st Bob Fennell 2nd & Ed O’Donnell 3rd
· R6 Again Mark Skelton 1st Peter Robinson 2nd & Tim Davies 3rd
· R7 The breeze was the best of the weekend Ed O’Donnell 1st Glen Yates 2nd 7 Tim Davies 3rd
Congratulations to Mark Skelton the winner of the RUM BUCKET Trophy winning 5 of the 7 races. 2nd Tim Davies & 3rd Peter Robinson.
A big thank you must go the Tony Outteridge & his team on the start boat co-ordinating the start/finishing.
Last Modified on 13/06/2012 19:54